With plenty of hiking and biking trails, mountain climbing, and access to the Pedernales River, Milton Reimers Ranch Park has something for everyone.
We visited this park specifically to swim in the river. The river is accessed by a steep road that leads down to a rocky beach. From there, you can choose a spot along the river’s banks to park your things, and enjoy the cool, refreshing water and its slow moving current.
The river has a shallow beach entry, but it did get very deep in parts. We had everyone in life vests, because we’re just overly cautious like that, and we were so glad we did. We were able to relax and enjoy the river without constantly worrying if the kids were moving somewhere too deep.
Trees line the water on the far side of the river, and some people were jumping from rocks. The water is pretty, and while not crystal clear, feels clean. The current is calm in most parts, but speeds up ever so slightly in some areas, so just be aware.
There are bathrooms and showers near the parking lot, and we found those to be decent. Further down the road to the river, there are some porter potties for those who don’t want to trek all the way back up to use the bathroom.
Milton Reimers Ranch Park is located in Dripping Springs, Texas, at 23610 Hamilton Road, Dripping Springs, TX.
What You Can Do There
- Mountain Biking
- Rock Climbing
- Horseback Riding
- Barbecuing (bring your own grill)
Things to Know
- The water can be deep in some places, so bring life vests or floaties for younger children.
- The river is a bit of a walk from the parking lot. If you visit on a weekend, the walk could be as much as half a mile from overflow parking.
- The beach is rocky – wear water shoes.
- The park only accepts cash – no credit or debit cards
The park is open 7 AM to 8 PM daily.
$5 per car – cash only
We went on a weekday and it wasn’t crowded at all, but according to the park website, it can get quite crowded on weekends.
- Water Shoes – The beach is very rocky.
- Tubes/Floats – Isn’t that what a river is for?
- Life vests – You can’t beat the peace of mind.
- Puddle Jumper – For non-swimmers.
You can get more information at the Milton Reimers Ranch Park website.